61. Time still flying!!

Can't believe I've not done a blog since June and here we are at the end of July. The time passes so quickly.

Everything in the polytunnel has grown immensely, all the squashes are doing well and looks like we might have some decent sized squashes. The courgettes got off to a slow start but are now producing really well. We've had a few ripe tomatoes but most are still green, some look as though they're just starting to ripen, fingers crossed!
Rich is away at the moment so I'm trying to make a difference. I'm weeding the veg patch once again, chickweed, clover and buttercups are everywhere.
 The cauliflowers have been disappointing, unfortunately they seem to have clubroot so I think we're going to have to put lime in the soil. The kale and cabbages are going strong and the squashes and courgettes we planted outside are catching up with the ones in the polytunnel.
We've had our first fly agaric in the wood which I'm sure is earlier than usual. I'm hoping we get lots more like last year. I think they look magical. 
It feels like autumn is arriving, there's a certain feeling in the air. The leaves on the birches look tired and I've seen the odd one flutter down. I'm hoping to get more wood put away before it gets colder. But it's roasting today so I've washing on the line and will probably treat myself to a bath later. 
It feels very quiet here without Rich. My lads were all up here the week before he left so it's gone from one extreme to the other. I'm trying to make good use of the time and will endeavour to do as much as I can before he returns.
I've suggested we make a comprehensive list of all the little (ish) jobs that need doing to finish the cabin and another one for the house, I'm determined to make a good start on the house next year which is why I started writing the blog in the first place!!  It'll happen, its just a series of steps apparently!! 

Comments