9. Starting work

With a little help from Graeme (next doors workaway) the foundations for the small extension at the side of the house are nearly dug. We went across the loch for the arrival of cement, blocks, sand and gravel. We brought the 10 bags of cement back with us and yesterday went over with a neighbour who had also had a delivery, to start ferrying the sand and gravel across. I stayed at the other side and brought the bags down on a trolley leaving them on the jetty ready to be picked up in the boat. It was hard work!! We moved about 6 tonnes in total. 


Other news, it's been really windy so we've been generating lots of electricity so I've been able to use the washing machine. Just need some stronger pegs as it keeps blowing off the line.
Community broadband is hopefully on the way. We've signed up for it and it's arrival is imminent. This will make life easier. The only Internet access we've got at the moment is on our phones and it's very unpredictable. It's slightly better if we walk a mile uphill from our house to pick up the Ullapool signal but there's no guarantee what it'll be like from one day to the next. We regularly lose all service.
I've been lucky with my blog so far as the first ones I uploaded when we travelled to the midlands then I used the wifi at the holiday cottage our friends were staying at. Amazingly here one day I suddenly got 4G on my phone,  it only lasted about 5 minutes but I managed to create a hotspot and upload my blog plus photos using my laptop.  Since my last blog I've been struggling.  





Comments