12. Foundations.

The cement mixer is working and as it's a windy day isn't depleting the electric too quickly. Graeme and Rich are starting to concrete the foundations. I've been cutting the old wood we've removed from the house to use on the log burner. I'm trying to remember to fill the kettle and keep it on the log burner, that way we've hot water and it only takes a minute on the hob to then boil so am saving on the bottled gas. I made an onion gravy yesterday and kept it simmering. It also stops tabby from jumping up on to the top which she tried the other day, luckily it wasn't lit. Bread making this afternoon because Rich has ate it all again.
I'm finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning as it's getting colder. I'm trying to resist lighting the fire first thing as it makes you not want to move away from it. It's brilliant for helping the bread to rise though so it's a good excuse for lighting the fire earlier.


Comments